Welcome to the 2017-2018 School Year!
We’re excited to start another great year with you & all of our children at Zion.
You ask what is PTL? PTL stands for Parent-Teacher League, consisting of parents and teachers working together to support and enrich all students. We support school staff, help promote student self-esteem, and assist in efforts to solve school needs through volunteering and funding..
As part of the Zion community, all parents and teachers are part of the PTL. We love to hear new ideas about how we can best serve our students and staff we encourage everyone to attend our meetings. You do not need to be able to attend all of the meetings to be active in the PTL you can come to as many or as few meetings as you would like to. Please see our meeting schedule towards the bottom of this page and plan to join us for one of our meetings.
How does PTL use the money we raise?
Our PTL contributes to many projects to benefit both students and teachers at Zion.
Some of the items we have contributed to are:
- Purchase new playground mulch every year.
- Contributed to the new Chromebooks students are using in the classrooms.
- Paid for half of the new website.
- Reimburse 6th grade families $100.00 when they purchase a laptop to use for school.
- Assisted with the purchase of the tables used in the Kindergarten classroom.
- Purchased a new kitchen table for food prep.
- Contribute to teacher’s expenses for classroom needs.
- Replaced the stage curtains in the gym.
- Make donations to assist the school in purchasing new textbooks.
Upcoming PTL meetings
September 13, 2017
October 11, 2017
November 8, 2017
December 13, 2017 (location to be determined)
January 10, 2018
February 14, 2018
March 14, 2018
April 11, 2018
May 9, 2018
All meetings are at 6 p.m. in the School Library unless otherwise noted.
2017 – 2018 School Year
President Holly Essex
Vice President Jen Grandmaison
Secretary Heidi Appold
Treasurer Brenda Goodman